Cellular + GPS tracking, all in one? Oh yes! Introducing Adafruit FONA 808 GSM + GPS Breakout, an all-in-one cellular phone module with that lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project in a nice small package.
This module measures only 44.45x40.64mm but packs a surprising amount of technology into it's little frame. At the heart is a powerfull GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM808) with integrated GPS. This module can do just about everything.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM (in the USA, T-Mobile is suggested)
- Fully-integrated GPS (MT3336 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32Ω speaker + electret microphone
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
- AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
Here's the GPS specifications:
- 22 tracking / 66 acquisition channels
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Sensitivity: Tracking: -165 dBm, Cold starts : -147 dBm
- Time-To-First-Fix: Cold starts: 30s (typ.), Hot starts: 1s (typ.), Warm starts: 28s (typ.)
For more information and usage examples, check out the Adafruit Learning System.