Create prototype circuits using surface mount and/or conventional components with the :CREATE Proto Board for the BBC microbit. The design features a twin grid system that allows for circuits to be made of a mixture of surface mount and through hole. That the circuits are soldered makes for robust prototyping. No more reattaching jumper cables every time you need to move your project.
The through holes are on a 2.54mm (0.1”) pitch grid and the surface mount pads on a 1.27mm (0.05”) pitch grid. These grid sizes are designed for most common components to fit. The surface mount pads are also designed to be linked with solder so small tracks can be made. Also, all BBC micro:bit pins are broken out and are available to connect to the prototype area.
There is an allocated space for the supplied terminal block to be fitted. From this are 4 positive pads and 4 negative pads which are easily linked to the prototype area. The board also features expansion pads that conform to the Link Standard allowing use with other ‘Link’ compatible expansion boards.
In order to create a common ground for your projects you will need to create a connection between the microbit GND breakout pad and one of the four (-) negative pads, located next to the Terminal Block area. This can be done by soldering a wire in place between the two.
The board is compatible with a number of different component types, some examples are; 0805, 0603, SOT223, SMC, SOD323, SO8, SOT23, and standard conventional components.
- The board does not produce a regulated 3V supply, the BBC micro:bit will either need to be powered by a different source or a user fitted regulated 3V supply.
- A wired connection between the GND breakout pad and one of the four (-) negative pads is needed to create a common ground for your projects.
- The :CREATE Proto Board does not have any reverse polarity protection.
- Create prototype circuits using surface mount and/or conventional components.
- Compatible with 0805, 0603, SOT223, SMC, SOD323, SO8, SOT23, standard conventional components, and more.
- The board features 'Link Standard' expansion pads.
- Twin grid system, the through holes are on a 2.54mm (0.1”) pitch grid and the surface mount pads on a 1.27mm (0.05”) pitch grid
- Create sturdy prototypes with no loose jumper connections.