The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the BBC micro:bit. This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 experiments including using LEDs, motors, LDRs and capacitors.
To get you off to a flying start, an easy to follow tutorial book in English (click here for the Dutch version of the kit) is included which guides you through everything you will need to know about programming the BBC micro:bit. You don't need any experience with programming as the tutorial book will guide you every step of the way. You'll be programming and creating circuits in no time!
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit provides a fantastic way of learning how to construct and control electronic circuits. The BBC micro:bit has a selection of pins that are located on the bottom edge of its PCB (see datasheet for details). By using Kitronik's specially designed Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit in conjunction with the breadboard, it is easy to use these pins to connect additional components to the BBC micro:bit.
Note: The micro:bit itself is not included!
- No soldering required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book.
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below).
- Breaks out 21 accessible pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit (included).
- 400 point breadboard included for fast prototyping.
- Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer - Vertical Type (finger adjust) 100K
- 1 x Finger Adjust Spindle
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard
- 1 x Terminal Connector
- 4 x Push Switch
- 1 x Motor
- 1 x Transistor
- 2 x Red 5mm LED
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED
- 2 x Green 5mm LED
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED
- 1 x Fan Blade
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer
- 2 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw
- Depending on which booklet version your Inventors Kit shipped with, you will have one of the two following components
- 1 x Miniature LDR. For booklet versions pre V1.7
- 1 x Phototransistor. For booklet versions post V1.7