The snap:bit is an electronic component for the Snap Circuits educational electronic kit. It features a socket for connecting the BBC micro:bit. This allows the Snap Circuits to be programmatically controlled by the micro:bit.
All features of the micro:bit like the accelerometer and compass, the light and temperature sensors, the radio and Bluetooth, are available for a completely new experience with Snap Circuits!
- Kids who learned the basics of electronics with Snap Circuits and now want to expand in software engineering by learning how to control Snap Circuits with microcontrollers like the BBC micro:bit.
- Kids who learned the basics of software engineering with the BBC micro:bit and now want to learn how to use it for controlling electronic circuits.
- Kids who are just starting with either electronics or software engineering. The projects around snap:bit will make it total fun of getting introduced to both the BBC micro:bit and Snap Circuits.
- A socket for the BBC micro:bit edge connector.
- 5 snap buttons connected to the 5 major micro:bit pins: P0, P1, P2, 3V, and GND.
- Access to all 21 pins of the micro:bit with an optional breakout board.
- Compatible with Snap Circuits and similar electronic kits.
- No need for crocodile clips or banana plugs.
- Plenty of exciting projects using easy to learn block diagrams.
- Robust, kid-friendly design.
- The BBC micro:bit is supported.
- Other PCB boards and accessories that feature the micro:bit edge connector are supported.
- All Snap Circuits educational kits are supported.
- The snap buttons on the snap:bit are designed to snap well with all Snap Circuits components.
- Other educational kits with snap buttons compatible with Snap Circuits are supported.
The snap:bit comes with a list of projects designed to guide you with the first steps of using the BBC micro:bit and Snap Circuits together. The projects are easy to learn block diagrams using the MakeCode Editor.
The variety of project range from easy lessons to more complex and exciting projects. Although they teach lots of basic programming concepts and take advantage of most micro:bit features and Snap Circuits components, the possibility of projects are limited only by the kids imagination!
What You Get
- 1 x snap:bit component
- 1 x quick start guide
- full-color cardboard packaging