TheGrove - I2C Thermocouple Amplifier (MCP9600) is a thermocouple-to-digital converter with integrated cold-junction and I2C communication protocol. This module is designed to be used in conjunction with a k-type thermocouple. The thermocouples have a much larger measurement range than thermistors. For example, this k-type thermocouple on our shop can measure up to +500℃.
This module also features the the alert function. You can use the progarammable alert pins to provide an interrupt signal to the controller.
- Integrated Cold-Junction Compensation
- Supported Types (designated by NIST ITS-90): Type K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R
- Four Programmable Temperature Alert Outputs:
- Monitor Hot- or Cold-Junction
- Detect rising or falling temperatures
- Up to 255°C of Programmable Hysteresis
- Programmable Digital Filter for Temperature
- Low Power