The Grove - IMU 9DOF (lcm20600+AK09918) is a 9 Degrees of Freedom IMU (Inertial measurement unit) which combines a gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass. The LCM20600 and AK09918 are used to implement these functions.
The LCM20600 is a 6-axis MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer. The gyroscope is a device used for measuring or maintaining orientation and angular velocity. The accelerometer is a device that measures acceleration.
The AK09918 is a 3-axis electronic compass IC with high sensitive hall sensor technology. An electronic compass is used to measure the magnetic force, which can provide us with direction information.
As its name suggests, this module can measure 9 Degrees of Freedom: angular rotation on the x/y/z axis, acceleration on the x/y/z axis, and magnetic force on the x/y/z axis.
- 3-Axis Gyroscope with Programmable FSR of ±250 dps, ±500 dps, ±1000 dps, and ±2000 dps
- 3-Axis Accelerometer with Programmable FSR of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g
- 3-Axis Electronic Compass with 0.15 μT/LSB (typ.) sensitivity
- User-programmable interrupts
- 16-bit ADC resolution and Programmable Filters for acceleration measurements
- 16-bit ADC resolution for magnetic measurements
- 1 KB FIFO buffer enables the applications processor to read the data in bursts (LCM20600)
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Magnetic sensor overflow monitor function
- Built-in oscillator for internal clock source