This record and playback kit allows a short (10 second) message to be recorded and played back at the push of a button. It can be used as a voice recorder or as a sound recorder, capture an audio reminder, a snippet of a song or a sound effect. There is one button to play the message and another to re-record the message which can be done over and over again.
The board includes a status LED which indicates that recording is in progress or that playback has completed. Both the speaker and microphone are PCB mounted so the only flying leads are for the battery holder which takes 2 x AA batteries. The recorded message is kept in non-volatile memory and is kept until it is overwritten, regardless of the kit being switched off.
Because the module shuts down when it is not in use the batteries will last a very long time. An interface connector is available for more advanced users that wish to access the control signals.
- Interface connector which allows some of the more advanced options of the IC to be accessed.
- Connection of remote (off board) switches for record & playback.
- Access to the pins to part play a message or to use the looped play option.
- Control by a micro-controller (for example Arduino or PIC) if required.
- Access to the audio output signal, which can be used with a more powerful amplifier if required.
- 2 x 1K Resistor 5%.
- 2 x 4.7K Resistor 5%.
- 1 x 100K Resistor 5%.
- 1 x 1nF Ceramic Disc Capacitor.
- 3 x 100nF Ceramic Disc Capacitor.
- 1 x 16V 220uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x 4.7uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x 5mm Red LED.
- 2 x 6mm PCB Mount Switch.
- 1 x 14 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x ISD1820 Record & Playback IC.
- 1 x PCB Mount Microphone.
- 1 x 8ohm PCB Mount Speaker.
- 1 x Battery Holder With Leads (2x AA).
- 1 x Record Playback Kit PCB.
- PCB Length: 60mm.
- PCB Width: 52mm.
- 2 x AA Batteries
- OR 1 x Easy Build Coin Cell Power Board
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Cutters