The micro:bit is a pocket-sized microcontroller designed for kids and beginners to learn coding and electronics, letting them easily bring ideas into DIY digital games, interactive projects and robotics.
However, on-board I/O rings and crocodile clips sometimes are not handy and safe enough to connect peripherals. To explore more possibilities with the micro:bit, DFRobot have designed the micro:bit Expansion Board for Boson, an add-on board that connects to the micro:bit using the edge connector.
The expansion board comes with 6 fool-proof 3-Pin sockets, compatible with hundreds of DFRobot’s Boson and Gravity modularized electronic blocks, covering most popular digital and analog sensors and actuators, supporting sound, light and motion interaction.
Moreover, the on-board 3.5MM headphone jack and volume knob supports direct connection of headphone.
To ensure a steady current supply for these peripherals, the expansion board can be powered externally through the USB power port.
- 3-Pin fool-proof connector x 6
- Headphone jack with volume knob
- External power port and ON/OFF switch
- DFRobot Gravity and Boson electronic module compatible
- MicroUSB Power Port Voltage: 5V
- PH2.0 Input/output Voltage: 3.3V
- Input/output ring Voltage: 3.3V
- Maximum Current: 500mA
- Working temperature: 0-85 ℃
- Dimensions: 80 x 70 mm
- Weight: 48g