The Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ is a stripped-down version of the Raspberry Pi Model B+, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 512MB RAM. The trade-off for removing certain features results in the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ being cheaper than the Model B+ as well as almost one third less power consumption. This low power consumption makes it ideal for projects running from a battery or solar power like robots, sensor platforms in remote locations and Wi-Fi repeaters for example. Also, the length of the Model A+ has been cut down to 65mm compared to the 85mm his bigger brothers are.
- 700MHz ARM-processor (BCM2835 chipset)
- 512MB RAM
- 40-pin GPIO header. The Model A+ is compatible with the HAT standard for add-on boards.
- 1x USB port
- microSD slot instead of a fullsize SD slot
- 4-pole jack connector for Stereo output and Composite video
- CSI port for the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI port for the Raspberry Pi touchscreen
- Power usage reduced to 300mA (from 750mA on the Model A)
- HDMI connector for FullHD video
The Raspberry Pi comes without storage, powersupply or any other peripherals. The desired operating system can be installed on a microSD card.
The Model A+ has a different size and layout. It will not fit in cases made for the Model A/B/B+ because of this.