The Pi RTC is based on the clock chip DS1307, it can provide a real-time clock( RTC) for the Raspberry Pi via the I2C interface. Real-time clock of this module counts seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, month, day of the week, and year with leap-year compensation valid up to 2100. The clock operates in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator. If you want to keep this module keeping time when the Raspberry Pi is powered off, you need to put a 3V CR1225 coin cell in the battery-holder.
- Supports Raspberry Pi 2/ 3 B/B+ Zero
- Support seconds, minutes, hours, day of week, month, year
- Support 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator
- 56-byte, battery-backed, nonvolatile (NV) RAM for data storage
- Programmable squarewave output signal
- Automatic power-fail detect and switch circuitry