The Beocreate 4 channel amplifier is a very flexible DSP/DAC/amplifier combination board designed for high-quality music playback in combination with passive loudspeakers.
- Up to 180W output power (2x30W, 2x60W)
- Capable of driving up to four of 4-8 Ohm speakers (the two 60W channels can drive 2 Ohm speakers)
- Fully controllable from the Raspberry Pi
- sample rates up to 192kHz
- 4 channel digital-analog conversion included
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/Zero, no additional cables needed
- Only one 12-24V external power supply needed to power both the Beocreate board and a Raspberry Pi, no need for an externalUSB power supply
- No soldering required, the Raspberry Pi can be plugged easily onto the Beocreate board. Speakers can be connected via screw terminals
- Can work standalone (without the Raspberry Pi) as a digital amplifier. However, to program the DSP, a Raspberry Pi is required
HiFiBerry provides the following software:
- Beocreate software suite
This software allows you to activate a Beovox CX50/CX100 or any generic speaker and use them to connect play music via Airplay, Bluetooth or Spotify
- Raspbian Lite with the DSP toolkit installed.
This allows you to use SigmaStudio on your PC to create you own DSP programs. Note that we recommend this only to users that are experienced with DSP tools and filter designs. While this gives you the greatest flexibility with this board, SigmaStudio is a very powerful toolkit that will require some time to understand all the features.
- DSP TCP toolkit
This toolkit can be installed on any system that allows to install additional software (some distributions use read-only filesystems that do not allow to install additional software). This allows use to use SigmaStudio with 3rd party distributions.
The software is open source and HiFiBerry is planning to add more functionality in the future.