The HiFiBerry DAC+ is a high-resolution digital-to-analog converter for the Raspberry Pi. This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, that is optimized for one specific use case: the best audio playback quality.
The Phone jack version will give you the smallest DAC that is available anywhere. The phone jack is mounted on the bottom of the board for minimal height. This version will fit into many existing Raspberry Pi cases. You just have to drill a hole into the case where the jack is located. This is still a line-output and not designed to drive headphones. For the use with headphones you need an additional headphone amplifier.
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- Hardware volume control. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- No soldering Comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi, conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection).
Note that this feature is still in development by the Raspberry Pi foundation. You will be able to upgrade your HiFiBerry DAC+ when it is officially available. The sound card already works without this feature.
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
- Pre-soldered HifiBerry DAC+ with 3.5mm Jack
- Nylon spacer set
- Raspberry Pi Model A+
- Raspberry Pi Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B