Can you do everything with a $55 computer? We’ve been pretty confident about using Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB RAM as our main desktop PC. This month we put it to the test, by getting one of our best makers to use nothing but Raspberry Pi 4 for a week. And report back the results!
PJ Evans has written a seven-day diary experience of using Raspberry Pi 4 as a desktop PC replacement. It’s packed with advice, tips and tricks. The best replacement apps and online services and what works, and what isn’t so good.
It’s a thoughtful piece packed with useful insights. A vital read for any Raspberry Pi 4 owner.
Plus! All this inside The MagPi 85
- Build a Super-fast NAS drive - Make your own gigabit file server with Raspberry Pi 4
- Make amazing 8-bit sprites - Create stunning retro visuals with PICO-8
- RockyBorg Robot reviewed - Three-wheeler runs riot around Raspberry Pi-towers
- Build a GPIO Music box - Create a customisable music machine that you control at the touch of a button
- Develop GUI combo boxes and lists - Create combo boxes for user input and associate list stores with them
- Hit up Pi Fighter - Gamify real-world boxing with a Raspberry Pi punchbag
- Watch the Bird Feed Monitor - Use Raspberry Pi to catch snaps of birds in your garden
- Code a Rocket Rescue game - Use Squeeze controllers to build a space game
- Plus! Win Raspberry Pi cases